Independent Government Gateway Reviews
What is a Gateway Review
Gateway Reviews are designed to strengthen governance and assurance practices and to improve efficient delivery and successful outcomes for publicly funded major projects and programs. If you are implementing a high risk proposal that is subject to the Gateway Review Process, a series of short, intensive reviews will be conducted at critical points across a major projects implementation lifecycle (normally over several years).
Gateway Reviews are a series of independently led assurance reviews, testing specific areas of projects, such as: scope, schedule, cost, risk, governance and other key areas to answer the question, “will it do what it says on the can?”
Importantly, Gateway Reviews are NOT an audit – they identify issues affecting delivery and make recommendations to improve outcomes – the objective is to help the project succeed.
Gateway Review Capability
Members of MCE’s team are experienced in conducting Government Gateway Reviews, having delivered and supported a diverse range of multi-billion dollar mega projects in the public and private sector. MCE has pragmatic, practitioner-based, multi-sector, major project delivery experience that provides credibility and gravitas with senior stakeholders.
Our team have been leading independent assurance reviews across multiple Government Departments with the ability to and wider experience to review Defence, infrastructure (road, rail, tunnelling), health, science and technology, prisons, utilities and power generation, and cyber security.
We are accredited to perform reviews in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, with organisations such as the UK IPA, UK Parliament, New Zealand Government and Canberra Federal Finance, and have now added the State Governments in Victoria, WA and Queensland to our portfolio.
MCE’s Government Review Experience
Our experienced review team leaders have over extensive experience in conducting Gateway Reviews across all sectors and departments, including:
- Defence (land, sea, air)
- Health, Transport (Road and Rail, tunnelling)
- Business, Science, Technology, R&D
- Social Services
- Justice and Policing / Counter Terrorism
MCE has highly experienced, accredited Review Team Leaders, trained by the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA), with extensive assurance experience in major project planning and delivery.
- Major / mega project & program delivery experience
- Complete Project lifecycle delivery and review experience from concept and initiation to close-out
- Ability to draw on a large pool of experienced auditors and consultants with experience of a very wide range of sectors and industries
- We can also provide consultancy support and advice on implementing effective Governance, Business Management, Assurance / Auditing and Reporting structures and systems