MCE’s Commercial Team specialises in covering all stages of the project lifecycle from Feasibility Study to Procurement to Dispute Resolution and Operations & Maintenance representing consultancy, contractor, owner and operator. The Team has delivered large, complex, multi-disciplined projects including infrastructure (Rail, Motorways, Bridges), heavy civils (tunnelling, Powerhouse), oil and gas (facilities and pipeline), and mixed-use developments under various contractual arrangements across Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
MCE has a proven track record of the successful completion of projects by efficient contract and commercial management techniques with a sound understanding of project management and construction execution issues including design development, engineering and scheduling.
Areas of expertise include:
- Contracts Management – Experience with many contracting models (Lump Sum, Design and Build, PPP, reimbursable – cost plus, Alliance, Partnering, Schedule of Rates).
- Establishing process flowcharts and formats for accurate and effective management of requirements of Project agreements
- Preparation of Risk and Obligation Matrix
- Risk and contingency planning and modelling
- Contract document preparation including terms and risk profile analysis.
- Commercial Management – Expertise in all aspects of commercial management from Preliminary Estimated Price to Final account close out.
- Estimation, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Commercial and risk management strategies
- Tender preparation and submission
- Cost Planning
- Whole of life cost estimate inclusive of CAPEX and OPEX
- Commercial tender evaluation, analysis and negotiation
- Final account preparation and agreement
- Earned value analysis and reporting.
- Procurement – Lead and involved in all aspects of Procurement of Contractors right from scope identification, through to contractor performance reviews
- Developing procurement strategies and contract packaging
- Contract drafting
- Tendering to Recommendation and Award
- Market study.
- Claims Management – Significant experience in the management of complex contract claims representing both Client and Contractor including
- Commercial dispute avoidance strategy, support and negotiation
- Dispute Avoidance
- Dispute Resolution (DRB), Mediation, Arbitration
- Extension of Claims
- Settlement Deed.
- Contractor Management – Extensive experience managing Tier 1, 2 & 3 Contractors for best results.
- Contracts leadership and advice to project team on site issues
- Contract administration including progress claims, variation analysis and agreement, commercial reporting
- Disputes and other various contractual and commercial matters including reviewing and managing contractor performance in compliance with the contract
- Contract and Commercial management of Interface Contractors.
- Stakeholder Relationships – Suppliers, Contractors, JV Partners, Asset owners & Government Agencies.
- Advice in the decision-making process throughout the management of the Project
- Interface management including identification, co-ordination, managing risks and improvement of relationships.